Thursday, May 27, 2010

bathtime / bedtime / phone time

Raising preschoolers eats up my time.

My mom called this evening to ask me a question and I almost bit her head off because it was 8:15 and she should KNOW that at my house at that time there is bedtime chaos. It's not always "bad" chaos... it's just busy.

bath
pajamas
brushing teeth
drying hair
story books
snuggles
tuck in
one more kiss
one more hug

...


one more kiss
one more hug

ok, goodnight!

... I can't talk until after the final "one more hug" which hopefully takes place before 9:00 p.m.

I'm sorry, Mom. I should be more understanding, you were just calling to ask me something about posting a picture of the desk you want to sell on Craig's List... and I'm going to play TWO cards... the PMS card and the Widow card...
I shouldn't have snapped at you, I'm sorry, I'm PMSing.
I shouldn't have snapped at you, I'm sorry, I'm a widowed mother and NOBODY HELPS ME take care of these kids... it's all me... PLEASE don't call between 7:00 and 9:00... or 9:15 p.m. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. When I first started dating Irene she was a widow and I a single parent. I looked forward everyday to 9:15pm when I could call her and talk. Of course there were the inevitable interruptions when one of the boys woudl get out of bed, and I have a mix of feeling like I was part of the chaos that is still our life now, and a little guilt of adding to the evening tension. I hope your mom will understand the stress.

    ReplyDelete